B5 Travel Blog #2


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 27th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What are popular forms of art in England? How do artists express themselves here?



In the article, you learn how England's art forms have changed throughout history. It pinpoints certain time periods in time and tells you what was in at that current moment. It begins with the 10th century all the way to the 21st century. Using this source, I also got specifics on some paintings and artists who were popular. This cite gave me a general idea on the art forms in England.



Popular forms of art in England are graffiti on the streets and popup galleries art work. This type of art doesn't have to belong to a big names person. Street art is a way the artist express themselves to society. I must add that some street art is just absolutely amazing and deep. Pop up galleries give artists a chance to put their works up on display. Overall, I believe there's two sides to art in England, underground and above ground. Above being the fancy galleries, and below being the graffiti, true expression of an artist's mood.



http://www.talktalk.co.uk/reference/encyclopaedia/hutchinson/m0028010.html

Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb