B6 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
October 10th 2013
Published: October 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Do all people have equality in this country? If yes, how did equality start in this country?

http://www.gender-equality.webinfo.lt/results/uk.htm

http://www.mmu.ac.uk/humanresources/equalities/doc/gender-equality-timeline.pdf

The equality within the citizens focuses on how men and women are paid and employment and providing goods and services. The first act was The Equal Pay Act that started in 1970. It gave every individual working in the UK the right to receive the same pay as the opposite sex. The next act was The Sex Discrimination Act in 1975. It prohibited direct and/or indirect gender discrimination against every individual. Next, it was the Maternity Leave and Pay Regulation in 1975. It entitled women the permitted leave and pay for up to 12 months when pregnant. This was also entitled to the men in 2003. Finally, the Flexible Working Regulations started in 2003. It gave employees the right to request a flexible working schedule.

Yes, all people do have equality in England. There's equality in work and equality and gender. Slowly but surely England did start to give equality to each and every citizen. The first act of equality in the work force was in 1970 with the Equal Pay Act. It was a great way to start because before it was the men that earned all the money and the woman was the less superior one. That women shouldn't have the same amount of power men should. So for everyone to receive the respect amount of pay was respectful. Equality for woman themselves began with the right to own their own property married, divorced, single, or widowed in 1870. Then after that more and more acts and laws started being formed, promoting equality.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb