B6 Travel Blog #2


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 26th 2013
Published: September 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What religions do citizens in England practice?

http://www.england.org.za/england-religion.php#.UkSlCSuzwug





There are many different religions that are followed in England, but there are 7 that stick out the most. Those religions are Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism, and The Bahá'í Faith. These religions all started in different places around the world but at some point in time, citizens adapted to them and they stook to the country. Out of all the religions in England, Christianity is the most practice religion there.

Christianity has a vast majority of branches- some of which include Anglicanism, Roman Catholicism, Methodism, Pentecostal, Eastern Orthodox Churches, and Oriental Orthodoxy. Christianity started when the Romans arrived and left the citizens a Christian Culture. The Islam religion started with the Muslims and had many followers all over the world, which is why Islam is the second most practiced religion in England today. Judaism appeared in England in about 1066 CE but was banned between 1290 and 1656. Hinduism started in India and spread to England after the country received independence in 1947. Sikhism started in South East Asia and became popular in England in the 1950's. Finally, The Bahá'í Faith religion started in 1845.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.359s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb