B6 Travel Blog #1


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 13th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

http://www.england.mu/articles/england-form-government.html

http://www.royal.gov.uk/HMTheQueen/DayInTheLife/Queensworkingday.aspx

England is located in the United Kingdom in Europe. It has a constitutional monarchy type of government. The Queen of England is the head of state but actually doesn't have much political power. It is the Prime Minister and Parliament that have all the juice. The differences between the government in England and in the United States is that in the US, the president is elected by the citizens independently of a party. In England, the citizens elect a party, then the leader of the party automatically becomes the Prime Minister. The three main parties in England are Tory, Labor, and the Liberal Democrats. There are two houses: The House of Lords and the House of Commons. Queen Elizabeth ll selects the members of the House of Lord's and the citizens appoint the members for the House of the Commons. The Queen attends ceremonies, receptions and visits in the United Kingdom or other places. She also reads letters from the public. It is wise to say that The Queen interacts with important people and with her fellow citizens.

I can see that the government of England is different to the government here in the US. The theme of "Politics" ties back to this because it explains how England works, politically. You can go over there and wonder who the president is without realizing that there's actually a queen. I don't think it's fair that the citizens can't elect their own Queen, but I think it's interesting that they have a Queen instead of a King.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.473s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb