Bath & The Stonehenge


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
June 17th 2006
Published: July 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Life is a bath!Life is a bath!Life is a bath!

Taken in the Roman Baths.
All right, now a couple of weeks ago we headed out to see The Stonehenge and Bath. We, as in JasenGrace and also James and Rozzhan. James is a pharmacist from Australia and Roz is a pharmacist from South Africa. Wow! The Tri Nations!!

anyway, a bit about our trip....The Stonehenge was well....hm...what should I say....a collection of rocks? well, its believed to have been built about 5000 years ago! As to its purpose? that remains a mystery.....some say it was a clock....there are suggestions that it may have been a place of worship, a temple. Its pretty amazing that all these people from around the come just to see these rocks. It's estimated that it would have required about 600 people to drag one of these stones. where did I get all this info? Well, we had la pre-recorded guided walk through the Stonehenge.
we couldn't touch these stones because they've put barriers around it. Though I've been told that you can reserve a place to do so at certain times of the year.

after seeing the stones, we headed to Bath. Bath is a beautiful city. Again, like Edinburgh, the architecture was amazing. All the old stone buildings.....it spread to as far as the eye could see. Jase and I did our first typical touristy thing....we went on the HopOn HopOff sightseeing bus tour. It was rather informative. I think its a pretty good way of getting an idea of the specific places that you would like to visit in the city.
When in Bath one has to see the Roman Baths. we had a pre-recorded guided tour of the place. it was very interesting. we visited the Bath Abbey, the Royal Crescent and went for a cruise down the Avon River.

Sadly everything must come to an end. We left Bath when the sun started to set........




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Grace, James & RozGrace, James & Roz
Grace, James & Roz

Outside the Bath Abbey
Pulteney BridgePulteney Bridge
Pulteney Bridge

This is apparrently the most photographed bridge in the world?! Well, we just had to take a photo then didn't we? The amazing thing about this bridge is there are shop on either side of it.....see the next pic.
The other-side of Pulteney BridgeThe other-side of Pulteney Bridge
The other-side of Pulteney Bridge

Well, this is the other side of the bridge. So which side is the most photographed?
Bath ArchitectureBath Architecture
Bath Architecture

Amazing buildings....they look pretty similar to the ones in Edinburgh don't they?
Jase and JamesJase and James
Jase and James

Well we just had to take a picture in front of this shop. well...for a number of reasons...incl....that we all loved ice-cream and the Italians make the yummiest ones....James has Italian heritage..em....what else...did I mention that the ice-cream's yummy??
Sunset in BathSunset in Bath
Sunset in Bath

Look at the amazing sunset....
Sunset number 2Sunset number 2
Sunset number 2

We said Au revoir to Bath in this beautiful sunset.


Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb