Climbing some Cliffs; Missing some Shoes; Seeing some Sheep


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
January 14th 2012
Published: January 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was Friday, early afternoon, our sound/movie project critique had just ended and it was officially the weeked! No homework, only thing on the adgenda: have fun!

After packing the 3 car loads of fellow product designers, 1 interior designer, an unhappy architect student and a biology student we set off for a lovely place called Langcliffe. A picturesque country village in Yorkshire. Took about 3 hours to drive down and the car was filled with blasting music and some very wide-eyed Americans.

Stopped off at an ASDA supermarket (apparently in the Wal-Mart family) Got some bare necessities: Rice, peppers,onions, chicken(not for me), and beer. Upon arriving at Ben's house in Lancliffe we were very eager to begin our weekend festivities! Cooking began and so did the socializing...and some drinking

I had a really amazing time getting to know these new people in my life. Some Italians, one French, one Swedish, and one Brazilian and of course a bunch of English and Scottish too =] So, we were multicultured and proud of it! Then, some more of Ben's home friends joined in the fun and we all had a great night. But obviously there was some organized-craziness...like putting Brodie's shoes in the fire and setting off a couple of flares and maybe taking out a machette; all very safe activities of course!

So we were up and out early the next day, about 12:30, and went for eat brunch in Settle. Except now I was the one with a missing shoe, it was nowhere to be seen so I just borrowed some from Fanny (the very nice French girl in my course). Then it was off for a day of sight seeing. The sky was a perfect blue and the air was brisk. But since there was much walking involved we warmed up pretty quickly. Turns out I was better off with Fanny's sneakers than with my fashion boots anyway. =]

We headed to the Yorkshire Dales National Park. According to Ben, a scene in Harry Potter was filmed here! It was supper cool. (See Pictures) So we walked and climbed stone walls. Then walked some more. Saw some Sheep, actually there were LOTS of sheep (even a decomposing one...ew) Well we finally made it to the cliff and it was Breathtakingly Beautiful. I can't even describe and I don't think my pictures do it justice. After sitting at the edge of this cliff for a bit, just taking in my surroundings, we moved on the the next feature: a massive waterfall. These park trails led you to what seemed to be a dead end, a giant cliff with water spewing from it...however, what many people do not know is the the path actually continues at the top of the falls. It is in fact part of the trail to rock-climb all the way up to the top of this fall. And of course, my friends Oliver and Ben did it. I wanted to but it was honestly a little bit intimidating. Anyway, I climbed a little ways up and just sood watching them in awe.

So now what do you do after a long days worth of adventures? Go to the pub of course! So this is where our amazing first day in Yorkshire ended. We were all so exhausted and hungry so the Italians made us a big family dinner. Pasta Carbonara...soooooo good!

Make sure to check out my pictures, not gonna lie, they are basically epic.

Till tomorrow,

a.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Frost...Frost...
Frost...

only where the shadows lie.


16th January 2012

Fantastic photo at the top!! Did you know you can add your panorama shot to the top of your page, makes it look pretty spectacular!
16th January 2012

I did not know that, but I'll try! Thanks =]

Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb