Back Home


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
June 19th 2010
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

19 June 2010

We didn’t sleep too well due to the rough weather but Wendy, who is not a good sailor finds that being horizontal is the best way for her to combat sickness so she spent 15 of the 19 hours of trip in her bunk. Consequently I breakfasted alone.

Despite the adverse conditions we arrived in Harwich on time and had an uneventful drive home, arriving at about 4pm.

This has been a most interesting and eventful trip, but anyone contemplating a similar route must be prepared for a lot of travelling, we drove 5850 miles and probably covered nearly another 1,000 using ferries. The three capital cities we visited were all in their own way delightful, the scenery, particularly in Norway is stunning and seeing the midnight sun is an experience we shall never forget. Although we saw many other camper vans on our travels we were surprised that only six of them were U.K. registered.

Nearly everyone we spoke to before we left who had been to Scandinavia said they were expensive countries. To an extent this is true as eating out and buying alcohol is pricy. But we found that supermarket shopping and the cost of fuel were not that much different to the U.K. and we took food and drink with us. Campsites probably averaged out at about £20 per night and there are fewer cheap camper stops than in other countries we have visited. The one expense we did have here that we have not experienced before to such a large extent is of course the number of ferries we used.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.028s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0132s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb