One day to go!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
November 5th 2009
Published: November 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi there!

We have 1 day to go!!! This time tomorrow the team will be assembling in Heathrow Airport, exciting times!!
I thought I would share with you all a rough guide to our schedule, so you know where we will be and what we have planned.

We arrive in Nairobi early on Saturday morning, where we will then travel to the Rift Valley Sports Club in Nakuru, about a 2 hour drive.

From there it is onto Kericho where we will be running a course at the Kericho Teachers Training College. This is an introduction to cricket course working with the future teachers. After 3 days here we will be heading back to Nakuru.

Once back here we will be running another coaching course, and then getting down into the nitty gritty of coaching in primary schools. These are the "flexible" sessions, meaning that the chances are we will have no idea how many people are turning up until we are there! Previously they have run into the hundreds!

We will finish the trip with some festival days with mini cricket tournaments for the schools, then fly back home on the 22nd.

The trip has come round so quickly! Hopefully we will be able to give you all a good feel of what we get up to out there.

Right, I must get back to packing, hopefully won't forget anything!

Oh yeah one more thing, we had a message from our host saying that they are celebrating International and Cultural Diversity week at the school. A request was made for some Morris dancing!!!! If not a British flag would suffice... I'm not sure if anyone has one so I'm providing a big WELSH one instead! What will the Kenyan's think about Welsh culture...

Tara

Advertisement



8th November 2009

Have a great time!
Have a wonderful time in Kenya. We just got back from the CWB trip to Botswana. Keep drinking plenty of water even though you don't have our hydration goddess with you. I am sure that it will be as rewarding for you as it was for us,(even if your blog doesn't stand a chance of being as good as ours!!) Mike and Veronika Reeves
10th November 2009

Hey
Hey Babs, (Ali Waldron) hope its alls going well thought u guys were going update this when you landed ;), just wanted to say hi and hope your having an amazing time, love weenie xx

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb