Goodbye Beautiful, Bonnie Scotland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 10th 2009
Published: September 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wake up 6am breaky 7:15 Leavee 8:15am

We went for alittle walk through the main street to fill in time and found a little bit of heather. When we walked past one of the houses, I saw a bunny hop very fast out of a vegetable patch. It was Peter Rabbit, for sure!
As we headed out of Newtonmore, we stopped at a Loch and took some heather photos. We stopped at the most beautiful spot where the battles of the highlands took place. It was the most beautiful 360 degree view of lush green mountains and water courses. It was a great spot to stand in and just be.
We stopped off in a little town called Fort William. I bought a “sponge roll” for 50p that was a little like a hidden treasure. I bought Brooke’s doll here and the Highland Cow book. There was some interesting jewellery made from pressed Heather branches. We arrived at Loch Lomand in the early afternoon and boarded our boat. The cruise around the Loch was very peaceful and serene. Back on the bus we drove for a long time. We drove through Glascow, which seemed to be boring and mundane from the outside??
We arrived at the Windmere Hydro Hotel that was set on a hill over a quaint village. The hotel was very old fashioned and had a great bar filled with old sofas etc. We had a good social evening with drinks. Dinner was nice. I had soup, (yes more soup) lamb in a beautiful herb cream sauce. We had a nice bottle of champers. Dessert was a buffet! Yum! After a few more drinks and a 50 pound bill, we finished up.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb