Winding Lakes of Windmere 30/08/09


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 9th 2009
Published: September 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 30 August
After breaky we drove through Windmere to see the town and the lake. We went to the pretty town of Grasmere to see where William Wordsworth is buried. The town had lots of Beatrix Potter odds and ends since she use to holiday there and spent a lot of money trying to preserve the area. We had awalk around town and a hot chocolate at a café. There were dog trials on and in general, there were dogs everywhere. We drove back to Windmere and had a walk around town. I bought some hot chips I had been craving and some Beatrix Potter items. We had a quick look at the Beatrix Potter display while we waited for our lake cruise. We went to see the swans. They were very greedy after food, but so beautiful. It was s bit of a miserable and wet day, so the cruise was not that much fun. We had bought a bottle of Smirnoff and some cups and Tesco and drank that on the boat in the cold. We had no view at all and it was just cold and wet. A big disappointment. The train was okay, but it was a pretty boring trip really. Had it been a nice day, it would have been different. We had been put out of our hotel and had to change to a different one. They had sent us to an uppity golf course hotel. There was lots of confusion as they are not use to getting groups through. We had some nice cocktails in the bar. Dinner was okay. Starters were all horrible, so I had a Greek salad to pick at. Dinner was a lovely chicken breast - but dessert was divine. I had a very light baileys cheesecake. I had asked the waiter about desserts and he brought mine out first - specially decorated- just for me.






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.268s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb