What the heck is a kilted sausage?? 28/08/09


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire » Newtonmore
September 11th 2009
Published: September 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Friday 28 August
Bags and Breaky 7am Leave 8am

We hopped on the bus and sadly, drove out of Edinburgh. There was lots of beautiful scenery as we headed up to the highlands. We stopped at St Andrew’s Golf course. This is one of the most famous and old golf courses around… and I couldn’t give a toss. It was great to see how excited some of the golfers were on the trip though. It was drizzling and wet, so some of us headed up to the café and had a glorious hot chocolate - filled with cream and marshmallows. We drove a short way to Pitlochry for lunch. It was a lovely, quaint town, perfect for a tourist lunch stop. I had a toasted ham and cheddar Panini. I bought myself some celtic earrings from a little shop. I bought the girls some lollies called “Millions” here. We headed up to the Whisky distillery and had a dram of 10 year old whisky. We had a tour of the factory that smelt strongly of yeast. Next was a trip to Blair castle. This was very different from other castles I’ve seen. It was a bit boring too. The grounds were nice for a walk though.
We drove onto Newtonmore, which was only a very small town.. one street really. The hotel was a character one and some people were complaining. We were just happy it had a pub attached. Cheaper pre dinner drinks! Just about the whole group sat in the bar and had a very jovial night. Dinner was very average. A soup, turkey and a kilted sausage (just wrapped in bacon). Dessert was not much either. They did another Haggis ceremony but it was quite a bit tackier!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb