Cool Places for Harry Potter Fans to Visit in the UK


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
June 27th 2018
Published: July 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Every kid who has grown up loving the Harry Potter series has probably fantasized about receiving a letter of admission from Hogwarts brought to them by an owl. Even though the series is pretty much over, the love for everything concerning the Harry Potter series has hardly diminished as we Harry Potter fans take on the roles of grown-ups over our true child-like being. However, does that mean I am not allowed to pretend that Hogwarts isn’t real anymore? Absolutely not! Personally, my obsession for the magical land has grown further over the years which is why I suggest these cool places for all Harry Potter fans to visit in the UK -

King’s Cross Station in London – Gateway to Hogwarts, Platform 9 ¾

It will be fair to say that the King’s Cross Station has forever lost its identity. For all tourists, it is presented as Platform 9 ¾. Even though the platform which was depicted in the film doesn’t actually exist, due to fan requests and inquiries the station had to renumber the platforms 4 & 5 as 9 & 10. There is however, an actual 9 ¾ board with a picture of a luggage cart vanishing into the wall – a must visit for every Potterhead .

The Hogwarts Castle – All across the UK

In case you didn’t know, Hogwarts is not an actual place. Hence, there really isn’t a Hogwarts castle. The film’s crew had to scour all across the UK to find out the ideal sets for the castle that is now probably the most famous “castle” in the world. One of the castles where Hogwarts was heavily depicted was the Alnwick Castle in Northumberland. The daunting castle was the centre of all action in the Philosopher’s Stone. It was also here where Harry got his first flying lesson in his bid to realize his potential as a seeker.

Glencoe - Hagrid’s Hut

Hagrid’s Hut is not only a pivotal location for several plot points in the movie, for instance in Prisoner of Azkaban, it is also the home of the series’ universally loved actor. Right from the pumpkin patch to where Buckbeak was shackled up – all of these scenes were filmed in a place called Glencoe in Scotland . Glencoe falls in the Lochaber zone inside the Scottish Highlands, overlooking the Signal Rock forest. Personally, this was my favourite place to visit as it still reeks of the series – one can almost see Hermione punching Malfoy near the large rock!

Warner Bros’ Harry Potter Studio Tour, London

Simply going on the making of Harry Potter tour in London is ideal for fans. The studio is a few minutes away from central London and fans can delve into the Forbidden Forest, pick up cool facts about the costumes and props used in the show and a lot more! It was really an exciting experience for me.



If you’re feeling like revisiting the child who spent his or her holidays obsessing over the Harry Potter series, like me, visiting these places is a must.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.27s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb