Our Favourite Moments from Tanzania


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
July 1st 2018
Published: July 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

It is an understatement to say that Tanzania is a beautiful place. True, it has been quite some time since our trip, but the place has quite a firm hold on our hearts. It continues to puzzle us why some people refuse to travel to Sub-Saharan Africa when there are places like this to be found there. We would love to share some of the highlights from our trip with all of you. Keep reading to see the moments that made our trip so special!

1. Exploring Dar es Salaam

From a sleepy fishing village, the city is now an impressive metropolis! We know—we had a hard time believing that fact as well. We enjoyed the laidback atmosphere of the place. The handful of days we spent here involved checking out the booming art scene, going shopping at the markets, relaxing on the beaches, and enjoying the nightlife. We are definitely considering the destination for our retirement plans!

2. Enjoying the View at Lake Manyara

Did you know that Ernest Hemingway referred to the Manyara as “the loveliest lake in Africa”? We were definitely able to see why he would say that. It was one of our favourite spots during our safari! The view of all the birds, hippos, wildebeests, and zebra was nothing short of spectacular. The landscape was quite breathtaking thanks to the presence of these diverse animals and the natural beauty of the place.

3. Visiting the Mto Wa Mbu Village

Here is a valuable tip to anyone remotely interested in going to Tanzania: ditch the popular Maasai village and head straight to Mto Wa Mbu village. It is considered the melting pot of Tanzania so it is easy to see how colorful and rich the place is. We particularly enjoyed taking a break from the safari and learning about the local culture! We also definitely enjoyed partaking in the production of the banana beer as well as sharing it with the locals. Do not forget to stop by here before you go to Lake Manyara.

4. Discovering Serengeti

A visit to Tanzania simply would not be complete without dropping by Serengeti National Park . Our trip might have been full of various adventures but we believe that this one takes the cake. There was beauty wherever we looked and we were content with just watching nature run its course as we game viewed. We also heard that this is the best place to witness the wildebeest migration, so we bet it is even more amazing when you schedule your visit in November and December!

These were some of the things that made us fall in love with the country. We were unable to fit everything there is to do since we had a limited amount of time. We would love to hike the intimidating climb up Mt. Kilimanjaro someday. Apparently, it has a low success rate so we can’t imagine a better challenge!

Tanzania has it all: friendly locals, fantastic wildlife, exciting scenery, and great beaches. The best way to make a positive impact on the wildlife and communities is by travelling with a reputable travel agency, Footloose Travel, for example, reinvest a generous amount of their profits back into the local communities. What more can anyone ask for?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.376s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb