Family Summer Holiday in the Alps Ideas


Advertisement
Europe
June 20th 2018
Published: July 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

The idea of having a family summer holiday in the Alps can be hugely expensive as well as far-fetched for many. Even I used to think so. Taking my family across several countries that are known to be super expensive – sounds like a bad idea, right? However, the urge to witness the beauty of the Alps and to take part in all the activities available was strong and I noticed that come summer the average tour package prices fall considerably and there are several bargains both in terms of activities and choices of accommodations just waiting to be bagged. Without delving too much into how my family trip went (because that beautiful ordeal would take up a book), here are some of the best ideas for you to spend time with your family while in the Alps.

Kids Come First in Chamonix (France)

Chamonix is the ideal place to start off the journey as it helps in achieving the most difficult part of a family holiday – pleasing the kids. Ideal for young children Chamonix is a fairly small town offering loads of amenities and events intended for locals as well as visitors. Places like the Richard Bozon Sports Centre was ideal for the kids as it offered a heated indoor swimming pool. Apart from brilliant views of the Alps, scenery that will really give the family a taste of what they are in for, the local library had a huge kids’ area where there were tableaus and babysitting facilities – the dream place for parents to leave their child for a while!

Hiking and Chilling in Wilder Kaiser (Austria)

Holidays prepared by the Austrian holidaymaking board present great value and usually include cut-rate or free-of-cost conveyance or activities – an offer that was handy for us as we were four and transportation was a bit of a financial hassle in some parts of France and Austria. One alluring package which we caved into was a week’s hiking program in the Wilder Kaiser area. The gigantic sheer cliffs which we got to see were something out of a dream. So huge and powerful! These cliffs were aptly complimented with attractive ski villages – villages like Scheffau, Ellmau, Söll, etc. all having a story of their own.

Family Time in Bavaria (Germany)

Exploiting the Bavarian tourist board’s collection of sight-seeing/sleeping hotels is a must do. This package offered our family to camp in castles or palaces that had brilliant interior design. Overall, it is a low-cost package that gave our family some memories we’ll cherish forever.

Skiing and Mountain Biking in Tignes (France)

A trip to the Alps without engaging in Skiing or Mountain Biking is pointless. With the glacier in Tignes, France offers the ideal stop for skiing and snowboarding. It is predominantly common for folks who practice stylish jumps so the kids were very excited to see some professionals perform insane jumps.

All the places mentioned offer brilliant resorts where my partner and I could chill with a beer and enjoy the atmosphere once the kids were asleep. Visiting the Alps was one of the best experiences of our lives.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb