Loosing Teeth, and our first British Curry


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Warwickshire
October 13th 2006
Published: October 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The bus back to Hailsham from Brighton was pleasant despite the horrible weather. We caught one along the coast to Eastbourne for lunch and then a second, which luckily dropped us only a few houses from the Sands' place so there was no chance of us getting lost, phew. Just spent the evening catching up and relaxing though there was a bit of drama.

All the boys headed off to rugby training and luckily Jane and David had gone down to watch and meet friends. Only minutes after they had arrived Chris came running in from the field dripping in blood. He had collided with the side of another player's head and had lost three of his teeth. They rushed him to emergency dental and then to the hospital in Brighton. At least one of his teeth was recovered intact so may be able to be reattached but they think the poor guy is gonna be stuck with three falseys - and his 21st is next weekend!! We're wishing him a speedy recovery.

From there we headed back up north to London and via Oxford to Leamington Spa. Friend Lou and her man Aleks are living in their own little place - a luxury they couldn't afford in any of the cities, plus Leamington is kinda cute. It was cool to catch up and to meet Aleks as they are heading back to NZ in March to live. We had a few beers, chatted and had a huge Indian feast - a good night (After so much non-spicy european food we got totally done by the Vindaloo - ouch!).

I was tempted to head out to Stratford-upon-Avon and check it out but the weather is miserable and we'd have to carry our packs. Instead we're heading back down to Oxford for the weekend to hang out with Jack, Steve and Heather - should be great!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb