Oh I do like to be beside the seaside


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Sussex » Brighton
October 10th 2006
Published: October 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

From the family thing we travelled to Brighton to catch up with Corb's mate from Engineering, Ron (Rob Lorimer). He has a pretty sweet flat in a cute terrace house with an attic that we are sleeping in. It's close to town which is sweet but the trains that pass by every 10mins shake the place which is a little unnerving in the middle of the night.

After a beer and a quick catch up we headed into town to the South Laines where we had a great Spanish feed, visiting several pubs on the way home.

Waking up today we saw Ron off to work and then set off to see Brighton. The sea front was nice but kinda cold and blustery this morning, and the empty and motionless pier fairground was a little depressing. We cheered ourselves up with some of the famous Brighton rock, good for the soul but not for the teeth and headed back into town.

The Royal Pavillion in the centre of town looks like an Arabian Nights Dream gone slightly astray, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. We checked out the museum there which was surprisingly cool, the Couch in the shape of Mae West's lips by Dali was neat to see.

Wandering the North Laines was the highlight. We found it to be kind of like Wellington: artsy, lots of cool cafes and bars and funky shops - awesome. Could have spent all day wandering and window shopping but we had to go to the supermarket and so headed home to finish off the afternoon playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the good ol' Sega Mega Drive.

Cooked up dinner for the flat and spent the evening chilling - tomorrow it's back to spend one last night with the family then off up North to catch up with more friends over fine food and a few drinks I'm sure.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb