Tak'n't easy 'n N'Castle


Advertisement
Published: April 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Woke up with only a moderate hangover at about 1000 - no one else had stirred and the house was quiet. Finally - around 1300 - most of the house was awake and Paul took Mel (one of his work mates), Jo and I on a guided tour of the Newcastle Bridges and Tyne Riverbank. We had a look at the Spencer Tunick Photography exhibition at the Baltic Gallery. Spencer Tunick is an American photographer who arranged for over 3000 people to turn up naked in Newcastle at 0500 for a photo shoot. The Baltic Gallery had five or six huge wall sized photos of the day on display. In one, all the subjects were lined up laying down across the Millennium Bridge, in another they were on their knees all looking into a shop window.

We had a coffee and headed back towards Central Station and stopped in at The Sports Café for a few beers before dropping Mel at the station for her train back to London. The three of us had a curry for dinner before we headed back to Paul’s place and had a fairly early night. After the hustle and bustle of the USA and London it was good to be able to relax a bit and not rush around so much.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1095s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb