All packed up and somewhere to go... Spain here we come


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Staffordshire » Stoke-on-Trent
February 23rd 2022
Published: February 23rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

It's been a long winter. We always find them so which is why, for as many years as we can remember, we have packed our cases at the beginning of February and headed for the airport. Most recently Sri Lanka, India, Thailand, Vietnam. Singapore, Istanbul and the last one South Africa in 2020.
Covid put a stop to a 2021 trip and to be honest if we hadn't gone to South Africa when we did we would never have gone because by the time we came back Covid was on the loose.

We've only holidayed in England since and swapped our motorhome set up from our beloved Tandy and Kisbee scooter to a lovely Chausson and a towed Smart Car aka Smart Arse. We had 8 weeks of motorhome holiday in 2021 all in England which have been lovely. But. we do long to go across the channel to speak French (and Spanish) and eat 'foreign food'.

So a trip has been planned and we are all packed up and ready to leave. Down to the south coast, 3 days travelling down France only really stopping to sleep. Not many French campsites are open so we will stay on Aires without much in the way of facilities but Mixy, our motorhome, has water, power and we should have everything we need. Not really tried it without electric hook up but sure we will manage. Then over the border to Spain and we will head down to Valencia where it is reported to be pleasantly warm during the day, if chilly at night. We've, unusually for us, pre-booked the three Spanish campsites we are to use as at the more Northern parts of Spain there are still not many campsites open and there are quite a lot of motorhomes who like to visit Spaiin in winter. We have been advised that it is better to book otherwise we might find the sites we want are full.

There may not be anything much to blog about for the next few days as it will be mainly driving. But the camera will, as always be to hand and up in the cab of a motorhome one does get a superb view of things which are behind hedges in a normal car. I will snap what I can.
The photos are recent ones from our walk round Rode Hall in Cheshire to admire the snowdrops which have put on a magnificent display this year.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



25th February 2022

You're free!!!
Have a wonderful trip...

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb