And we're home.. after a really wonderful trip.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Staffordshire » Stoke-on-Trent
September 18th 2021
Published: September 19th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Packed up and ready for a speedy getaway.

Smart Arse hitched onto the back of Welcome and we're off.

Slow departure from the campsite because of the very (very) narrow railway bridge between the campsite and the road. Involved pushing passenger mirror in and then Bob driving through with me in front watching every inch of space on either side. Bob did it. He does has excellent spatial judgement.

And then the slow drive to end all slow drives. Think every vehicle in England is on the East West road across Dorset today. No obvious reason for it, just sheer volume of traffic as they say. There was one stretch with 2 mile queue either side which was a coned off 'road works' 100 metres long ..no road being worked on though.

We did a lot of nose to tail and stop start all the way until we got North of Oxford and at last we were on a reasonably clear road to home.

I do so miss driving in Europe where there is space and clear roads and lovely scenery. Driving on motorways and Dual carriageways tends to be rather boring so I read most of the way whereas on interesting roads the camera is usually going click a click click as easy to get super photos from the lofty seat of a motorhome.

Back home, all is well. Garden still in flower, house still dusty and even more spiders have taken up residence.

Have had such a lovely trip and we are so pleased with the way we have everything set up now. Absolutely love our new Chausson motorhome and having Smart Arse has been fantastic for getting around wherever we wanted to go.
In fact am already thinking about the possibility / probability of a return to France and beyond next year.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb