Another long walk this morning


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset
July 6th 2017
Published: July 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Out for another long walk this morning. This one, literally, was over the river and through the woods! 7.3 miles total (the first and last 2 were the easiest as they were in the car!!), but many uphills and downhills for 3.3 miles of walking! Luckily there was a very cool stream at the bottom. I went down to wet my face and hair to make the trek back up the hill! Very enjoyable morning.

The panoramic shot is taken from atop the field.

We will be off from here on Saturday morning. I'll check back in once we are settled in Portugal. Enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

cows & deercows & deer
cows & deer

There were actually cows and deer standing in this field. I could not get zoomed in enough to see them in the photo. You could definitely make out their brown shapes when you looked across there. There were actually more deer than cows!
Up close flowersUp close flowers
Up close flowers

These flowers are everywhere. The intricacy of them is amazing.
Down to the creekDown to the creek
Down to the creek

Dane's brook is the official name
Bridge over Dane's BrookBridge over Dane's Brook
Bridge over Dane's Brook

The altitude at this location was 777'. This will give you an idea of the ups and downs around here.
Dane's BrookDane's Brook
Dane's Brook

On my way back, this is where I stopped to wet my hair! Whew!!
Back of the old barnBack of the old barn
Back of the old barn

There is actually a cow laying in the grass to the right of the building. He didn't seem to mind me at all.
local signagelocal signage
local signage

The sign indicates that Hawkridge is 1/2 mile over this field.
Final leg of the journeyFinal leg of the journey
Final leg of the journey

The journey up a hill and across a field to get to the west side of the village. The top of this field was at 963' altitude.
a view from the brook's edgea view from the brook's edge
a view from the brook's edge

The water was absolutely refreshing!!
Easiest part of the walkEasiest part of the walk
Easiest part of the walk

Driving home. LOL


7th July 2017

Long Walk
Beautiful County. Horses were actually roaming free? I didn't know that happened any more. Makes me miss the fields, mountains from home. Your very blessed to have such a wonderful adventure.
8th July 2017

Long Walk
Hey there! Actually, we are very close to the Exmoor National Park. People have land there for their livestock, and most are kept in a particular location by cattle grates. It is pretty cool. I actually really love it here. It is SO peaceful (except for the whack job of a landlord we have!). It's unfortunate we won't be staying. :-( But, more adventure on the way. :-)

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb