Our Oxford Odyssey


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Oxfordshire » Oxford
April 6th 2012
Published: April 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

ChrissyChrissyChrissy

Chrissy checking up on her facebook at Glenn & Nooni's
Hello again. Now, we are back in business. Yesterday, we located a nice camera shop and are back into the whole tourist thing.

Jim and I took the tour of the Bodleian Library. It was so amazing to be sitting in a room that had not changed since 1488 AD. That's over 500 years old. The only change had been in the 17th century when Christopher Wren added a door on one side of the building. Wish we'd had our camera then. We also got to see where the King met when the Royal Court was in Oxford. It was newer and added when the library was added above the Divinity School which was the original room we were in. This room was called the Convocation room and Glenn spoke briefly there to a meeting when he first got here. We then went upstairs where we truly were not allowed to talk and the guide whispered to us. It is not a lending library, so a student must go and read what he needs there. Quite amazing.

Chrissy and Louis stay home when we go too far or for too long. We have collected our rental car and it
Rental CarRental CarRental Car

Glenn & Chrissy with the rental car. Glenn had to go & get parking permits for us to be able to park close to his house.
is so nice. It is a Peugeot which is a French car. It is called an Estate Wagon and is quite like an SUV. We will be going sight-seeing in the Cotswolds today and can take Louis along with us. Glenn and Nooni had not been in a car since they rented one in November to pick up Louis from the London airport, so they are quite excited too. They only used water taxis in Venice and took the bus to the airport last week.

More news later. Sorry about the glitch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The Anchor PubThe Anchor Pub
The Anchor Pub

We actually drove here since it was a bit far for Chrissy too walk and it was so cold.
The Anchor Pub againThe Anchor Pub again
The Anchor Pub again

We seem to just keep eating in in such great places. This one had a French chef also and the food is so fresh. I had "Jersey Royals" with my chicken which are the first potatoes in the Spring.
Jim took this oneJim took this one
Jim took this one

The lady at the end had her dog just sitting with her while she ate, but it's hard to see him.


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb