Last full day in England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent
June 9th 2006
Published: June 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Goodbye England!Goodbye England!Goodbye England!

The White Cliffs of Dover recede into the distane... when shall I set foot upon the 'Green and Pleasant Land' again ?
Day 8, 8th June.

Hassocks - Hastings - Lydd

It was the last time we said goodbye to loads of folks this morning, Toby’s parents. We set out at ten through the lovely South Downs and met a bike path north of Eastbourne. The riding was pleasant, good weather and wind behind us. At Pevensey Bay we dipped our toes in a freezing English Channel and catapulted* a yellow oil-drum on the beach like a group of lunatics! Toby picked a bag of sea-kale, which would never be eaten, then we carried on towards Lydd. In the town, after 60 miles cycling, Toby got a great result; we could camp in the beer garden of The Royal Oak free of charge. Scott cooked dinner, we drank in the bar, and later on we listened to a guy playing guitar till the pub closed.

*Catapults - my idea I'm afraid. I bought Black Widow catapults for each of the guys so that we can fend off rabid dogs on the Mongolian steppes, or wherever. Don't know if we'll really need them, though?

Total Miles: 330.87 Todays Miles: 61.77 Average speed: 11.4 Time on bike: 5:24



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Ferry StampsFerry Stamps
Ferry Stamps

The page of my journal where I got the captain on the ferry to stamp and sign.
Arrival on the ContinentArrival on the Continent
Arrival on the Continent

No more ferries, it's land all the way to Singapore from here onwards!


Tot: 0.475s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 108; dbt: 0.1658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb