A day trip to Brighton


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Sussex » Brighton
June 8th 2006
Published: June 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Girl's bikeGirl's bikeGirl's bike

It's a girls bike ain't it? Tobs pride and joy - just hope it gets him to Singapore?
Day 7, 7th June.

Hassocks - Brighton - and return

Checked my emails before we set out for Brighton and had some nice letters from Kathryn and a photo - she’s so lovely, just felt sad that I couldn’t write her a long mail back. We set off then up the dreaded Ditchling Beacon, just a speed-hump on the South Downs really! Brighton was a big place, clogged with bloody traffic, like any other English town, but with sea shore and pier. We did a lot of stopping and starting, I sensed that Scott and Leslie were getting impatient. I’ll be glad to get out of England actually, and over the sea to France. Had a pricey coffee on the front, Rory and I then tested the catapults on the beach with pebbles! Toby went off to see a mate, Scott and Rory went off into town, and I went back with Leslie to make dinner. The guys arrived back late after a drinking session in Brighton with dented bikes after crashing into eachother drunk!

Total Miles: 269.09 Todays Miles: 21.85 Average speed: 8.8 Time on bike: 2:27


Advertisement



9th June 2006

Just the type of trip i wish to make
hey ya.. i've been thinking of doing something crazy like this... did u have to train for a bit b4 the trip? how much did u have to spend to fix the bike up? so envious of u guys... have a safe and fab journey !!

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 35; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb