Saturday - Puppy with the Puddle


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Herefordshire » Ledbury
March 26th 2011
Published: March 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Classic View up Church LaneClassic View up Church LaneClassic View up Church Lane

My wife has a tapestry of this.

Not the Walk


We opted out of the walk as we had done part of it last month and wanted to chill a bit. We had a slow start chatting to some of the other non-walkers, then set off to the centre of Ledbury with a few things to buy and remembered what an interesting place Ledbury is, some shops had closed since we were last there and the cafe in the cook shop/deli had closed. Coffee and cakes in the Internet Cafe that has a poet/story/song session once a month that we have never been to, but I thought was off the other way!

Fairly successful with our shopping and walked back to the Rugby Club, the people on the walk had arrived back in Ledbury not too late for lunch.

Unfortuneatly our Van was still Leaking


So clearly not an overflow from overfilling. Lying on the ground, it appeared to be coming from under the heater. Deliberately dumping from heater confirmed the location. He had several people inform us we were leaking and we were not sure to be comforted or otherwise that Murvi were good at putting things right.

Beginning to think simpler is best (we had given up on the water tank in the old van as too much bother).

AGM went off much as you might expect, apart from there being a large group of men dressed in red and white t-shirts with matching bobble hats in the bar. Someone had the bright idea of getting one of them to sit in the AGM for a Where's Wally picture. Interesting to see what becomes of the non-show meets. We have our favoured Folk Festivals and end up with few spare weekends. Herding cats sprang to mind.

The part of the day I had been looking forward to most was even better than I expected. The not so pot luck supper was very good. Having seen the list I opted to make Nigella's Chocolate and Peanut Cheesecake which was well received.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

The TalbotThe Talbot
The Talbot

Old Inn


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb