Packing up the van


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Herefordshire » Ledbury
March 25th 2011
Published: March 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

From Maiden VoyageFrom Maiden VoyageFrom Maiden Voyage

Note we got the tyres muddy!

List making


I attempted to form a list for our first trip and that was pretty comprehensive. I deliberately missed out some things I should have taken.

Water management is a question and which camping club is the best to join.

Embarrassment


Arrived at Ledbury Rugby Club and parked up in neat lines on car park. Some had taken to the grass, but they were staying longer and looked a bit too close to the action.

The large puddle under our van was put down to overfilling the cold water tank........
I had done this at home on a slope so seemed a reasonable explanation.

Over 25 Murvies due for the weekend, our first chance to compare and contrast. Warm welcome from all and invited Simon (Garf) and Jess (the other local owners who we knew before either of us had a Murvi) to the van for tea and homade (by me) cake. The sliding door step is a good height for sitting and used our pillow cushions. However, soon went cold.

We had tea before so made for the bar and tried to spot the Murvi Lovers from Rugby types, not really that difficult. The
Murvi AGMMurvi AGMMurvi AGM

General view of Murvies en mass
bar was no warmer than outside, because the door to the outside kept opening and the heating was not on. Very tempted to return to the van and put the heating on, but a small crowd gathered and we moved to another bar when a committee meeting finished.

An interesting set of people and like many groups you meet is actually self selecting. While it would be possible to strike it lucky and find a second-hand one in a general dealer, most will have been specified as a new vehicle or have been sought out by a discerning buyer for their special characteristics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Pick a ColourPick a Colour
Pick a Colour

Walkers preparing to leave their beloved vehicles. The majority are in Silver or Silver Blue, but a few in Gold. One in white (even the owners didn't like it). The one graphite was quite smart, but glad we went for silver blue. We were used to being at large folk festivals and not seeing another dark blue van.
Floodlights for RugbyFloodlights for Rugby
Floodlights for Rugby

The rear of the vans not their best, but good to see how the choices in bike rack.
Does my Rear Look Big in This?Does my Rear Look Big in This?
Does my Rear Look Big in This?

Even the back of our van is not pretty. Feel the need for a custom painting, but I am sure I will restrain myself.


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb