Dead Camera Battery Today, Sorry Folks


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
November 6th 2016
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5002, -0.126236

Today is a short entry because I think I have only 5 or 6 pictures so I won't write too much!! We slept-in until 10am!!! Whoo Hooo We both literally slept like 10 hours!! (Did you read that Stacy? Ha!) We were still out the door before 11:30am and we took a Hop-on Hop-off bus to.... EVERYWHERE!!
To backup... our day got started after a quick breakfast (Starbucks for me, Burger King for Kamie), we got on a Hop-on Hop-off bus. By the way, my U.S. Starbucks card worked here so I paid $0 for my breakfast! We were at our first stop of the day.... the famous department store I vowed not to leave London without visiting ~ HARROD'S ~ and my camera battery died while Kamie was attempting to take a picture. Are you kidding me?? Eh. The backup camera was at the hotel (it's mainly good for night photos). So, no photos today. :-( I was kinda fine with it because it meant I was free to enjoy, be amazed, and not take pictures. Kamie was fairly upset we didn't get pictures today but I offered for him to take the backup camera today and he declined so whatever. Mental memories are the best anyway.
By the way, Harrod's smelled like money and chocolate. LOL We walked through the thousand-dollar-purses (I'm not even close to kidding here) and went directly to the tea, coffee, and chocolate room. I bought some chocolates as gifts. I was going to get some tea but I only like caffeine-free tea and could not find any in the store. There were people EVERYWHERE - it was like Christmas at Wal-Mart on steroids! It was a beautiful store, too - all decked out for Christmas and we came back through at night and it was all lit up and gorgeous!! Oh...also....as we were leaving the store we saw a lady full clothed in her black burka, not even her chin showing....and she was sitting at the Chanel counter and her oil sheik husband was purchasing her a purse.... at least 5,000 for one small purse with a gold chain. Incredible. A bit later we saw another lady in a full burka who also had grey scarf/parka over her burka and again....a Chanel purse with a gold chain and she was escorted by two men. Oil can buy them everything but their freedom as women.
Today we saw.... Westminster Abby (for reals this time) and it was fabulous, The London Bridge (I wasn't impressed as I thought I would be and it was very baby-blue so I don't know, maybe it looks better at night), Hyde Park (very close to our hotel) and Speaker's corner, The Shard (the tallest building in Northern Europe - it looks stupid, like it's not finished at the top - but it's supposed to look like that - like a glass shard), Buckingham Palace (WOW) and some of the palace gardens and learned some of the palace history....and just as a side note... the QUEEN is EVERYTHING here...and I mean EVERYTHING....her name is on EVERY single bottle of Coke you buy (or Coca-Cola product), on every street corner, everything is about Her Majesty, blah blah blah. It's kinda cool and sorta surprising. So...back to our tour...we got off a couple of places and just rode through others. We were on the bus until about 10 minutes before they stopped for the day....long, good day. One thing I have definitely realized.... everyone who lives in London or actually "shops" in London....must be rich. There was a Ferrari dealership on a side road by our tour today. I don't know but I'm pretty sure these four days is all we can afford in London. I really don't know how average people afford to live and work here. It's insane. It feels like (to me) what I imagine New York City to be - too many people, everything overpriced.
After our sunny, warm morning turned into a cold, raining night...we got off the bus and had some fresh, hot fish and chips - a London staple! Kamie ordered a burger! What is up with that guy? He did eat a Steak Pasty yesterday, however. After dinner we took a taxi back to our hotel (we have ridden in a traditional black taxi twice now - they are so cute!), and we are all tucked-in and ready for sleep now while the camera battery is charging. Tomorrow, we will be going to the Old Market and taking a ride on The London Eye and we will have a working camera!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Somehow, I got a pix of dinner!  Fish n' chipsSomehow, I got a pix of dinner!  Fish n' chips
Somehow, I got a pix of dinner! Fish n' chips

I took the camera out of my purse at dinner and was able to get one picture before it died again.


6th November 2016

DAMM I THOUGH IT WAS THE OTHER CARS BABBY
9th November 2016

Glad you got some rest! I would LOVE to see London decorated for Christmas!
9th November 2016

Wowza!

Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb