Return to London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 9th 2013
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5002, -0.126236

We awoke for the last time in West Parley. We had been enjoying mandarines with our Corn flakes here, todays Strawberries were even more delicious. We had the joy of repacking our bags, wed certainly be lost without our spacer bags. We enjoyed a leisurely morning, Natalie finally able to get her data working on her toggle mobile. No such luck for me as yet. Before long, it was time to say goodbye to Janice and Owen and thank them for their kind hospitality. It was also goodbye to Grandad for now, he is to head back to Australia next week.Our 12.45 National Express bus cost a mere 10£ for both of us and was extremely comfy, with leather seats and wifi. We arrived in London around 3pm. Again we strapped on our packs and made the journey to our new hotel between Whitechapel and East Aldgate. Getting out at Whitechapel was a bit rough around the edges, fake handbags, three card monty, that sort of thing. Our hotel at Ibis Budget was adequate enough, a level 6 room with tv and a good shower.Dinner was out on Brick Lane with Dan, a full Indian meal, entree, bread, rice, main and two pints for 10£. The street is flooded with Indian restaurants desperate for business, pleading, pawing, pestering, persauding. Once we escaped them we headed to a quiet little cocktail bar for delicious 2 for 1 drinks. We headed to sleep around 11 with a big day planned ahead for tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb