Bargain tour of Poole


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Poole
May 8th 2013
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.7194, -1.98113

The beautiful weather of yesterday was long gone this morning. Wet and windy awaited us for todays trip down to Poole. After breakfast, Owen was kind enough to drop us by the mall in Poole. First off the bat I purchased a great warm water and wind proof jacket for about 39£. Which would likely have cost at least $180 back in Australia. We came out of the mall onto High Street. To Grandads delight, there was plenty of bargains to be found down this street, even pokies! We went from bargain store to bargain store, including a Pound Store and 99p Store. Nat finally found a cover for her phone. Eventually, we made our way to the end of the street near the Quay and waterside. Grandad fancied a rest and pint down at the Kings Head pub, and I was all too happy to oblige. My choice was a badger beer which was delicious. We wandered on along the Quay, eventually getting us far as the Twin Sails Bridge. With the rain starting to come down quite heavy we elected to call Owen for a ride back around 4. Whilst we waited we had a walk through the free Poole museum, the most notable exhibit being the oldest longboat in Brittain dating back to 250BC. The five of us are now off for a carvery dinner.Dinner was delicious, four kinds of roast, veg, and of course Yorkshire puds. Sitting at the pub with Nat now uploading blogs and watching Chelsea vs Spurs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Kris bridgeKris bridge
Kris bridge

Me on the two sails bridge
Fancy natFancy nat
Fancy nat

At Poole museum
Group ShotGroup Shot
Group Shot

Thats me with Grandad, Janice and Owen.


10th May 2013

Good lad... I told you the beer was better over there. Cheaper too. Looks like you're having a great time guys, enjoy the rest of your time in my homeland!
11th May 2013

Love the colour of the new jacket.

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0169s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb