London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
April 6th 2016
Published: April 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

I am traveling again. This time my trip starts in London, England and I am pleased to say that Maggie is with me for this part of it. We arrived safe and sound, if a little jet lagged, yesterday evening and did little besides go to bed early. This morning we set out after breakfast and enjoyed an overview of the city on a three-hour bus tour. The weather was iffy and our bus got rained on a few times, but we were dry and comfortable and got to see the major sights without exerting much effort. The only negative aspect is that the few photos I took are not fit to show because the raindrops on the window blur everything. We tried to get into the Ritz Hotel for lunch, but were denied entrance because we did not meet their dress code. Well! We had a very good lunch across the street that I'm sure was every bit as nice as anything the Ritz could provide. After lunch we took the Tube to the Victoria &Albert Museum to look at some of their vast collection of the decorative arts from many different cultures and many different centuries. It is a pleasure to be back in London again. We are looking forward to seeing some favorite sights and adding a few new ones.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.373s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.2187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb