Your Day Out In London: What To Do


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 15th 2015
Published: June 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Are you planning a trip to London but, when it comes to your itinerary, you don’t know where to start? That’s natural for first-timers, who have never visited the UK’s capital before, and it can be quite daunting. But never fear! London is surprisingly easy to navigate, once you’ve worked out how to travel by Tube. To get to the main destinations and squares, all you need is a sturdy map and some navigational smarts.

A Refreshing Morning Walk And Breakfast

Covering 350 acres, Hyde Park is a great place to start, if you’re looking for a little exploration, or even a morning run! It’s one of eight royal parks around London, and it’s hard to imagine that, in 1536, King Henry VIII would have been hunting wild boar through woodland that originally stood in this area. Yes, even the parks in London are packed with history!

After you’ve worked up an appetite, head to Patisserie Deux Amis on the Tube for a buttery, flaky pain au chocolat and a strong coffee. There’s nothing better than people-watching from a lovely French café.

A Little Culture; Then Lunch

Although London is often known for its large price tag, there are actually plenty of free educational, informative, and cultural things to do in the city. Namely, we’re thinking of the art galleries and the museums, but if you have National Trust or English Heritage membership, you are also in for further treats. Stop by the National Portrait Gallery to admire some amazing artwork, from historic figures – such as Queen Elizabeth I – to modern day photography, or take a turn around the grand halls of Apsley House.

Continue your cultural experience by heading over to Rock Star Sushi Bar, for the best sushi in the capital. You can hone your chopstick skills and try a variety of tastebud tantalising Japanese dishes. Itadakimasu!

Pamper Yourself

Now that you have worn yourself out with an afternoon of street walking and sight-seeing, take some time out for a Winks, or book yourself in for a therapeutic facial at Anesis. Work out those kinks from a day spent travelling around one of the bu Gordon’s romantic wine bar for a glorious glass of vino. Built in 1890, it has stunning, vaulted cellars, lit by mood-making candlelit. It definitely needs to be on your “to do” list.

Theatre, Followed By Dinner

Now that you are suitably relaxed, float over to the West End to catch some amazing theatre performances. You will be able to witness some of the most amazing acting there is to be seen, no matter what kind of drama takes your fancy. Some performances run all year round, such as Les Miserables, which is always a firm favourite for many. Otherwise, there are some fantastic touring groups that may be performing while you are in London – it’s always worth researching in advance!

Once you’ve left the gilded theatre doors, and now have lots to discuss with your travelling partner, head to Casereccio for some authentic Italian cuisine. Here, you can sip extraordinary, mellow wine and talk about which parts of the show you liked best over pizza and freshly made pasta.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.447s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1006s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb