Planning Your Perfect Catskill Wedding


Advertisement
Published: May 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

While many couples are choosing to have destination weddings in exotic locations, this is not something everyone can afford to do. Or, is it? You don’t necessarily have to go to exotic locales for your wedding. In fact, if you stay in the country, you can have a destination wedding that will be beautiful, and easier for your guests to attend because they don’t have to worry about expensive travel. A beautiful place to have a wedding is in the Catskill Mountains, where you will have an amazing backdrop if you choose to have an outdoor wedding. Like any wedding, there will be a lot of planning involved, but when you are planning to have your wedding at a resort, the staff will take care of a lot of the little details for you. Here are some things to consider when planning your Catskill wedding.

Hire a Wedding Planner

A destination wedding is a wonderful thing, but it can also be a disaster when it isn’t planned out to the last detail. It is a good idea to hire a wedding planner to take care of all of the little details. Simply tell them what you want, give them the wedding date and venue, and they will make sure that your day is as perfect that you always dreamed it would be.

Accommodations/Catering/Wedding Planning All in One

When choosing accommodations, look for a resort that not only has plenty of guest rooms to accommodate your entire wedding party, but also one that will allow you to hold the wedding right at the resort. An excellent choice is Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa, where you will find amazing settings for your special day, including a newly-built ceremony site that seats up to 200 guests. Let the resort staff take care of all the details, so you can concentrate on enjoying the perfect wedding at the Catskill Mountains. Once you choose your menu, linen colors, etc., you won’t have to worry about contacting caterers, arranging a cocktail hour, booking rooms, etc. Your special wedding package will include:

· Wedding site

· Dance floor

· Wedding night accommodations for the bride and groom

· Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to your suite

· Bridal party dressing room with champagne and crudities (you must request this service)

· Special rates for all of your guests

Flowers and Decorations

Many of the decorations, such as linens and dinnerware, are all taken care of for you. If you have any special requests, staff at the various resorts will go out of their way to try and accommodate you. If they can’t get what you need, they will direct you to the places where you can find it all. Order flowers in advance to make sure that arrangements are perfect for the big day. You can order from florists online, and arrange to have all of the floral decorations set up for you so you can simply sit back and relax.

Honeymoon in the Catskills

You can combine your Catskills wedding and your honeymoon by staying at the resort. Not only are you going to have an amazing wedding, you will also find that there are loads of things to see and do, so your honeymoon will be just as amazing as your wedding. No matter what you are interested in doing, you are sure to find everything you want right here in the Catskills. Enjoy loads of outdoor activities, including golfing, swimming, hiking, rock climbing, and more. Other activities to enjoy on your honeymoon include antiquing, shopping, and even theme parks. Local attractions you can visit while on your honeymoon include:

· Minnewaska State Park Reserve

· Sam’s Point Dwarf Pine Ridge Reserve

· Neversink Reservoir

· Bethel Wood Center for the Arts

· Shawangunk Wine Trail

· Monticello Gaming & Raceway

· Shadowland Theatre

· Woodbury Common Premium Outlets

· Holiday Mountain Ski and Fun Park

· The Honor’s Haven Golf Course

Photography

You will need to book a photographer for your wedding, and you will have loads of talent to choose from in the area. Make sure that you book the photographer at least six months to a year in advance of your wedding, as they are exceptionally busy, especially during wedding season. Another option is to invite a friend who is a professional or amateur photographer, and arrange for them to do all of the photography. If you are looking to save money, you can also buy disposable cameras to give out as wedding favors. Ask your guests to take as many photos as possible, and choose from the best ones for your wedding album.

Attire

Every bride knows that it is important to buy the wedding gown and bridesmaids’ gowns at least a year in advance of the wedding. That way, there is plenty of time for any alterations that may be needed. This is especially important if you are planning a destination wedding, such as the Catskills. The same goes for tuxedos for the men in the wedding party. If you are renting tuxes, make sure that the rental is for at least four days, so there won’t be any additional charges if you are late in returning them due to travel. All wedding clothing should be carefully packed, preferably in their original garment bags. Make sure that you bring along a steamer, or arrange for a dry cleaner to steam clothing so there are no wrinkles due to items being packed for travel.

Travel Light

When planning a destination wedding such as one in the Catskill Mountains area, it is wise to travel as lightly as possible. Yes, there are going to be many things that you need. But, thanks to technology, you can go online and order pretty much all of the items you will need for your wedding, from favors to decorative items and more. You can arrange to have all items delivered to the resort and set up in time for your wedding. The less you have to bring with you, the better.

The more time you spend planning your wedding, the easier everything is going to be on the big day. Let the wedding planner and the resort take care of the big and small details, so the only thing you have to worry about is having a wonderful time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.585s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb