How To Enjoy The Natural Beauty Of Durban And Cape Town


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
June 20th 2015
Published: June 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Planning a first trip to South Africa can be an exciting time that fails to focus on the important details of renting a vehicle. Both Durban and Cape Town are areas in South Africa with a lot to offer tourists, including a variety of car hire companies. Many first-time visitors consider these two regions as can’t-miss stops with numerous attractions that are second to none. More than fifteen driving hours apart, it is well worth the effort to travel to Cape Town for a real-life view of Table Mountain where you can hike to the peak at 3,563 feet by cableway with breathtaking views along the way. Additional attractions of note in Cape Town are the Clock Tower, the coastal Seal Landing, and the South African Maritime Museum.

Beachgoers simply can’t ignore the Durban Beaches where they will find expansive stretches of golden beaches with a lively atmosphere. You can also have a cultural experience when you explore the Indian District, enjoy nature at its finest when you bike the Golden Mile, or go back in time by viewing one of the top collections of plants at the Botanical Gardens. Although many of the people who visit South Africa for the first time spend a good deal of time researching the tourist attractions in these popular areas, many fail to seriously consider their options for car hire.

Why Getting the Right Vehicle Matters

Even the most detailed planning will not matter if you do not have the right quality vehicle to take you from stop to stop on your curriculum. From the time you land at the airport, transportation will be an important issue that you will have to contend with. Planning your transportation and making your reservation in advance of your trip will help to ensure you get the right vehicle for your needs.

The trip between Cape Town and Durban is a long one but it is often one of the most entertaining parts of the trip. Traveling along the Transkei will give you the chance to see old-fashioned rondivel huts and people who have maintained the appearance of the traditional Xhosa culture. When you reserve your car hire for the trip, weigh your options for fuel-efficiency and price against those for a more luxurious vehicle. It is important to understand that a basic vehicle in South Africa is usually manual and has no air conditioning. Compare the vehicles you have available and check off the features that you want to determine which type of vehicle to reserve for your trip.

Make All Your Reservations at One Time

Planning your car hire in advance is essential, and so is planning your accommodations. When visiting the area for the first time, you may find that you are unsure of where to turn at the end of the day when you do not already have accommodations reserved. Create a schedule that includes driving times and allows you the time you want to spend at various activities in any area. When you plan your trip well, all you will have to do when you arrive is show up and enjoy!

Sources:

http://www.touropia.com/tourist-attractions-in-south-africa/

http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/top-10/must-dos-durban/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312595-i9828-k2274082-Driving_Durban_to_Port_Elizabeth_is_it_worth-Durban_KwaZulu_Natal.html

Advertisement



Tot: 0.561s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb