A2 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What disparity exists between social classes in this country? Does the country do anything to support the poor?

Theme: A civilization has SOCIAL STRUCTURES that develop and treansform over time. This includes, gender roles and relations, family kinship, racial and ethnic constructions, and social and economic classes.

Sources: http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/apr/03/class-britain-defining-social-status

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britain-now-divided-seven-classes-1806186



Most people think that social classes are regularly lower, middle, and upper. However, in Europe there are seven classes. The top level is called Elite, Established Middle Class, Technical Middle Class, New Affluent Workers, Traditional Working Class, Emergent Service Workers and the Precarious Proletariat. The disparity between the social classes in this country are that they do not just focus on other factors that are not just the income. As of this year all parts of England are establishing this social class structure. Since the Precarious Proletariats are the poorest people ever, they are not hurting the other levels of the social classes, for the country doesn't support the poor.

The new social classes are more diverse due to the population in Europe becoming more diverse as well. The Elite are the wealthiest and most privileged group in the U.K. Only 6%!o(MISSING)f the population belongs to this group. The Established Middle class is second in wealth. The Technical Middle Class is majorly about social things. The New Affluent Workers are mainly "young people". The Traditional Working Class is a class that has lower capital scores. The Emergent Service Workers are typically Urban, poor, and young people. Then the last class in Precarious Proletariats which a=is blasically the poorest of the poorest.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb