A2 Valdes Travel Enrty #4


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the dominant religion in Israel, and how does this faith differ from Christianity?

Theme: CULTURES develop over time by interacting with other cultures.

Resources: http://www.taltoursinc.com/religions-of-israel/




Israel revolves around religion. Their most popular and dominant religion is Judaism, which means a monotheistic religion for the Jews. Israel is where Jewish Kings and Prophets were once known to have walked. Even though Judaism is the most popular and dominant religion in Israel, Israel guarantees the right for the people to practice another religion. In Israel there are five known religion by law's of Israel: Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Druze and Baha’i religion. The sacred sites in Israel are diverse in welcoming all types of religion and ethnicities on their lands. The Jewish faith in Israel is different in beliefs from that of the Christian faith; However, as centuries passed, slowly Christianity became part of the Israel region with having about 4.3%!o(MISSING)f the population being "classified as “other” and are comprised primarily of non-Arab Christians and non-Arab Muslims."




Since Israel revolves around religion, that would mean that Israel's main focus is religion its self causing extremist groups to come through. Extremist are people who take things word from word. For example, if you do something bad and it reflects upon the law form the Egyptians "an eye for an eye" the you will be guaranteed that eye being charged for. Throughout the years, Israel has become more welcoming of other religions. Surprisingly, Israel has Christianity among their known religions. This was surprising because Judaism is monotheistic while Christianity is polytheistic. Since times are changing, everything must change eventually.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb