Pirate Adventures


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 28th 2006
Published: July 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Friday I caught up with some friends from Wollongong, Rebecca and Ebony, for the most Aussie of traditions, the BBQ. I met Bec after work at the Deutsche Bank in the centre of London's CBD. Our walk to the train station took us past a few very busy pubs, so we stopped in for a quick pint and to catch up on news. There are hundreds of bars in London, and in summer they are packed and spill out onto the streets and laneways once people finish work.

Back at Bec and Ebony's place, we fired up the charcoal webber-style bbq, and cooked up a storm. There I also met Ben, Ebony's boyfriend, and Ben, his mate. They were down for the weekend to go sailing on another mate's yacht, down in the south of England.

In preparation for going sailing, Bec had organised pirate outfits. So after dinner and a few drinks, we decided that the karaoke bar around the corner needed some swashbuckling crooners! Donning our pirate hats and patches, we invaded the bar, only to find it pretty dead.

Not to be deterred, we set corse for another local pub, this time finding a much more interesting and friendly bunch of brits to chat to. We spent a while sinking pints and explaining why we were dressed up to passers by.

The pumping music of a nightclub across the road became too much of a temptation, so we wandered across to a small but very crowded nightclub. After a short time, we decided the night had probably already peaked, so we trekked back home. The girls had to leave with Ben and Ben to drive down to the yacht at 4am, so sleeping for the remaining half hour till then was useless.

Seeing the crew off to go sailing, I crashed the night and found my way back to Ladbroke Grove.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Never send a Vegetarian to buy meat for a BBQ!Never send a Vegetarian to buy meat for a BBQ!
Never send a Vegetarian to buy meat for a BBQ!

Having sent a vegetarian to buy meat for the bbq, she returned with chicken and sausage skewers. I am not sure who thought that cooking sausages on the bbq required putting them on skewers, but it seems weird to me.


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb