Cheap Beers and Expensive Cars


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 27th 2006
Published: July 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Mclaren - for a petrol-head like me, this is heaven. The London Motorshow showcased heaps of cool concept cars, and kept me drooling for a few hours. Ohhh to be filthy rich and able to afford toys like these!

I wont bore you all with the details of the amazing cars, except for a cool challenge that Ferrari had set up, with 2 replicas of their F1 cars. The challenge was set for people to try and change tyres as quickly as their racing team pit crew could. The line was incredibly long, so I didn't have a try unfortunately.

Later we headed to the Slug and Lettuce pub in Fulham Broadway. The pub is about 1 minute down the road from the apartment where I stayed last time I was in London. On Thursday nights it is packed with Aussies, Kiwis and South Africans, and they play Aussie music all night. It was a harsh reminder of home, complete with ex-glasshouse bartenders! We both did a double-take as she served me as we recognised a fellow Wollongong person. Even on the opposite side of the world I can't escape Wolongong!

I have added a few photos of Sarah and Stacey's apartment, to show you our humble little abode. I am really starting to understand just how expensive a city London is to live! Our exchange rate is terrible here, and makes everything 2.5 times more expensive than it should be. One English pound buys about the same in London as what a dollar buys in Australia, but with 2.5 dollars to every pound, even small things start to add up!

Having a great time though, i'm off to see some other Aussie friends for a BBQ.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Our Little KitchenOur Little Kitchen
Our Little Kitchen

Our bathroom and toilet, although just for our apartment, is down the hallway and down a flight of steps!


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb