travel day 6: london


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 30th 2006
Published: May 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

today we started off by taking the bus to madame tussaud's the famous wax museum. we got our pictures taken with famous people like jerry springer, whoopi goldberg (i was a fool to think anyone would want nude pictures of whoopi goldberg), some soccer player, abraham lincoln, and some others. certain people looked nothing like how they look in real life like angelina jolie and jessica simpson. i would have liked to have put my hands on jessica's simpson's boobs but i knew it would have not been appropriate because little kids were around. afterwards, we went to the sherlock holmes museum. for what it is, it is a rip off if you dont know much about sherlock holmes or his books. i would say its only really interesting if ou are a fan of his because the house looks exactly how you would think it would look. we then tried to find uncle hershawn's apartment from when he lived in london. we looked all over and finally found it. its a really nice building. i wouldnt have wanted to leave it if i lived there! we then got hungry and went to pizza express which bought out pizza land. the place wasnt as casual as i thought and more snobby casual like california pizza kitchen. the pizza sucked ass and was super thin. it was the kind of pizza that you leave still hungry. i went to use the bathroom as we were about to leave. a few little english girls, id say between 8-10, talked to me and asked me what my name was. i dont know what they were getting at. i like american kids better. yeah our main exercise may be skateboarding and playing video games, but we dont usually like to throw around big words and sound intelligent! oh yeah. a few days earlier when we took a train to and from hampton court, my dad was shocked and whispered to us how these 2 little english girls with their mom quietly wrote in their little journals the whole time. i asked my dad what he thought and he said that it was beautiful. i dunno. i kinda like the loud crazy american kids that run around all over the place asking strangers "mr., is my goldfish dead". american kids have more personality then english kids. later in the day, we went to a really nice suburb in london. i think the borough was called barret. really beautiful houses and the area was nice and not too compact. we went to the jewish museum. these places always make you leave depressed and tired. i shouldnt have read the stuff on the holocaust and should have just stuck to jewish life in london. stupid me read everything. later in the evening, we just returned to the flat and had a quick bite to eat because my dad and i wanted to go on a ghost tour. we shoved food in then took 2 tube trains to st. paul's. we knew who our guide was right away because he looked insane and he wore a cloke. i noticed right away his pentagram ring. we were the only ones on the tour. we couldnt understand what he was saying most of the time but he obviously knew his shit. he showed us where ghosts run around and showed us a pub that had a jail in the celler where they keep all the drinks. you could still see the bars. very creepy. i missed taking about half a dozen photos that would have looked really kewl to throw in my portfolio (hey i could dream that for one day, people would want to see my photos even if it only meant 1 stranger off the street comes in for a few minutes!). i will come back later though in the evening to take the shots. hopefully i wont get mugged and raped. i hardly have any money and uncircumsized pen15s are ugly as hell. i showered once we got back to the flat. afterwards, i went to sleep because i have to wakeup early to take a train to liverpool in the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb