travel day 7: liverpool


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Liverpool
May 31st 2006
Published: May 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

we took a first class train from london to liverpool. it was empty. the ride was about 2 and a half hours. we just had some french businessmen in our area. the ride was good and relaxing. once we got off the train, we took a cab from the station to our hotel to drop off our luggage. we then went to the beatles experience thing. it was a lot of fun and very moving. we then went on the magical mystery tour. it was kewl to see a lot of places used in beatles songs and where the beatles grew up and lived. it was really sad to see that strawberry fields is now for sale. i mean it shouldnt be sad because more women get abortions these days and kids are with foster families, but that someone will probably buy the place and not give it the honor it deserves. the dock here is really nice. liverpool is pretty kewl and i think fevertrees would like it. i thought liverpool would be kinda trashy and poor but i was dead wrong. also, the tourguide on the magical mystery tour made it seem like each beatle grew up poor. their houses and the area of liverpool where they hung out, were perfectly nice and seemed comfortable! they came from a blue collar backround and werent poor as what one would think. im in liverpool until early tomorrow evening and then back to london.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb