travel day 4: london


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 28th 2006
Published: May 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

we saw a lot today like big ben, cabinet war rooms, royal mews, victoria and albert museum, dali universe, and went on the london eye. big ben is really cool to look at. it looks just how i always imagined it to look. the cabinet war rooms is pretty interesting. it shows you using rooms how it looked during ww2 when everyone it seems, lived in bomb shelters and in the subway hiding from any bombs which could kill them. the royal mews was kinda stupid though im glad i saw it while we were there for those 20 minutes. you see the carriages and a car used by the royal family. i also made a comment on the "official pony food", and a worker i didnt see, smirked and must have thought "stupid american". the victoria and albert museum has some need exhibits and is free. they are opening an exhibit soon on che guevera but i dont know if i will have time to see it. dali universe was cool. it was mostly a collection of his sketches, some weird photos of him, and a bunch of random pretentious quotes said by him. i dont know. i think im more interested in dali then his artwork. he was a character. the london eye is something everyone should do as soon as they arrive in london. you stand in line anywheres from 30- 60 minutes but its worth it. they take you up in a super slow motion ferris wheel with about 25 people and everyone gets to see london from high up. my dad started getting scared on it and kept his eyes closed most of the time. my mom was mad that he didnt open up his eyes. we ended the evening with eating pizza by the tower of london on the dock. i dont get british people. PIZZA WAS MEANT TO BE EATEN WITH YOUR HANDS! IT IS A CASUAL FOOD! THERE IS NO NEED TO USE A FORK AND A KNIFE! we went to the ceremony of keys which was more interesting then i thought. all that security just to lock up the door lol... afterwards, i went straight to bed but i showered i think.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb