Mummies and fun


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 21st 2007
Published: June 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

After another long day of class we went to the British Museum. It was so incredibly big. Everybody was so tired so it made it more difficult to walk around the building. Also, the boring teacher decided to be our own personal tour guide. He always says he will only talk for 5 minutes and ends up talking for 30. The one major thing I wanted to make sure I saw was the Egypt exhibit. I definitely got to see the mummies which was AMAZING! We only saw a few other rooms; I really wish we could have seen more. We might go back but who knows.

We had to leave to get to our walking tour of the area around the Globe Theater. We ate at a cute little pub right on the Thames river before we left. We got to see the area where both Charles Dickens and Shakespeare lived and worked in. It was so crazy to be able to see actual places that I've read about in books for years.

I guess today was the Summer Solstice. As it is, London has extremely long days, but this one was supposedly the longest of the year. Pretty much the sun comes up at around 4am and goes down at about 10:30pm. Its kind of nice because we get a lot done during a day but we don't ever realize how late it is and we end up never getting enough sleep.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1001s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb