Arriving in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 15th 2005
Published: July 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Switching bussesSwitching bussesSwitching busses

At a bus-stop outside of central London after the bus broke down.
The flight with RyainAir went great, we even arrived 10 minutes before schedule 😊
At Stansted I decided to take the £2 cheaper and slightly slower coach/bus instead of the train. As it turned out, I was soon to regret that.
The bus is supposed to take an hour and half or so, when we after about an hour of travel was just outside of London the driver started to act strange, looking out to the right as if wanting to change lanes. There was lots of traffic so she was unable to do that and kept stearing back to the left lane, after the road split in two she pulled over to a bus stop, took up her mobile and went out of the bus. I thought she missed the turn and decided to call for advice, but no. When she got back she explained that the bus tilted slightly to the right and kept wanting to steer that way and she didn't want to go through the tunnels ahead that way. The bus company was sending out another bus - it sure is better to wait for a bus then being stuck in a tunnel...
An hour later the
Hotel RoomHotel RoomHotel Room

Isn't this a fancy room?
new bus arrived and we could continue to Victoria station. London traffic was a bitch and it took probably another hour to make it from the first station to Victoria.

Found a crappy, but fairly cheap hotel close to the station - just a small room and a bed, shower and toilet are downstairs.

After a few hours at the hotel resting I ventured out in London, walked passed Westmister Abbey, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, That big Paris Wheel (whatever it's called). Kept walking along the Thames River and all the street musicians. Got slightly lost when I walked down a parallell street instead of where I thought I was and had to walk back the same way 😉

After a "tuna penne" (pasta with tuna), some garlic bread and a large beer I decided it was time to walk the half hour walk back to the hotell for a good nights sleep, lullabyed by the cars on the large street just outside the window.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Big BenBig Ben
Big Ben

Classical London tourist (I was far from the only one taking photos).
Big BenBig Ben
Big Ben

Close up of the clock.
Paris WheelParis Wheel
Paris Wheel

Huge Paris Wheel (130 something meters) right by the Thamse river.
HumourHumour
Humour

Huge poster commercial by Orange (Mobile phone company).


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb