West End Musical


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
February 5th 2007
Published: February 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, ticked off another to do list. Tonight I went to West End to the Apollo Theatre to see Wicked, a musical about the witches of OZ from the Wizard of Oz. Karen and others had gone to see it and recommended it. So went to Tottingham Court and bought some cheap tickets, got on the tube to Victoria and was in the last row, but still didn't seem that far back! and for £18.50 it was a bit of a bargain for here. It was so spectacular, the stage set had a perminant mechanical dragon, and metal staircases at the front. The singing was so spot on, it was like u were sceptical that they and the orchestra were actually playing. The green witch Elpha (West one) was the best one. The Harry Potter short fat lady who does Herboligy Class was in it, and also that young aussie guy thats in Coyote Ugly. The good witch was an Aussie to, could pick it up in her voice, and she had been to NIDA and been on all sorts of things, like All Saints and Home and Away, amazing voice as well. It was such a good story, the tin man, scarecrow and lion were all originally people in this play, and it showed how they all became that way, but look it up for the full story!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb