Hampton Court Palace


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
February 6th 2007
Published: February 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Such a nice day, so decided to take the train from Waterloo, about 15min, to Hampton Court Palace, which was used by Henry VIII and William III and others. Couldn't take pictures inside, but very magestic with original beds and hangings and pictures, and painted ceilings, so peaceful out here. All the windows looked onto some type of manicured garden. Took a guided tour of King Henrys rooms with a man that was dressed up and was acting as Jane Howards (i think his 4th wife) brother, in 1548. The most impressive thing was the gardens though, like u would imagine Alice in Wonderland or something, everything cut perfectly. I enjoyed an hour sitting in the sun, something I am missing (no heat in it though) in a garden chair, many others were saivoring the moment as well. Hope the pictures do it justice.

That night we had a big curry, about 15 people were around as Jess, the NZ housemate was going back to her motherland. Had met most of them throughout the week so it was a pretty good night. Lots of comings and goings in the house at the moment, at one point there was 9 people sleeping in the house! All very nice and easy to get along with so thats a plus!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb