A lovely weekend


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
December 31st 2006
Published: January 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tower BridgeTower BridgeTower Bridge

The weather was lovely
On Saturday my mummy and I headed to London for the weekend. We visited Tower Bridge and walked over it several times, then went up it and went over the walkways. It was lovely as the sun was shining and the views were fantastic.

We then headed to the monument and climbed all the way to the top (it was a LONG way!). Again the views were brilliant and the weather superb. A long walk and lots of steps rather wore us out. We headed to another part of London accidently found a great little food market where we nibbled on the freebees. We then found the theatre we were going to in the afternoon.

After lunch at a weird ‘Tea and Coffee’ museum we went to the Tate Modern and had a bit of a wonder (it had started to rain!) and then went back to the theatre to watch Little Shop of Horrors. It was really really good! We both loved it!

The buses took us to see the xmas lights, the tube to our hotel. We went for a Vietnames buffet (I was exhausted and starving!) and then I slept soundly all night as was
View from the monumentView from the monumentView from the monument

311 steps to the top! Phew!
worn out!!

The next day we pootled around the markets in Greenwich, and had a yummy curry for lunch, found another market and then headed home - tired but very happy. Perhaps to tired as it was New Years eve and I had the challenge of trying to stay awake!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The gerkin!The gerkin!
The gerkin!

apparently this should be gherkin - mother says! I am not convinced!


Tot: 0.62s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 92; dbt: 0.325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb