The Trip Home & Final Thoughts


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 11th 2023
Published: May 13th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Our plane home was at 6 pm, which gave us time to have one final lunch. We choose Rock & Sole Plaice, the oldest chipper in the city. They make very good fish & chips, and the tartar sauce is the best. We have eaten here before, but you can’t be in England and not have fish & chips at least once. You can choose from 5 different fishes for your fish, cod, haddock, rock, plaice or sole. I had cod Jerry had haddock. It is one piece of fish perfectly battered and cooked; the chips are thick cut and my only issue with them is that they could be crispier. They have other things on the menu, one of which we got for a little starter, crispy camembert, it was the dish of the day. What is better than fried cheese.

We got caught in a little rainstorm on the way back to the hotel. We had 45 minutes to kill so we hung out in the executive lounge until it was time to go to the airport. The trip to the airport took an hour. The Traffic was horrible, but we still had plenty of time to enjoy the United Lounge before we took off. You hear horror stories about the crowds at Heathrow, but it was basically empty. I got picked for a spot security check at the gate, which meant I was the first one on the plane.

The plane home was uneventful, not even much turbulence. I watched three movies, one of which was the latest movie about Whitney Houston. We landed in Boston and spent the night there because we were to exhausted to take the train back home.

It was a great trip and we certainly have a few places to put on our potential for retirement homes. We did make some changes and have decided that for the first year, should we choose France, we need to live in a bigger city to make our transition easier, and it should also be easy to get other places. That being said, Lyon and Aix-en-Provence are at the top of the list. Other cities that a also potential’s are La Rochelle, Carcassonne and Millau.

In October, we continue our search but this time in Spain. At the end of the year, we will make a decision and start the work of planning and learning the language of our future home.

Until now, save travels, a life without travel is like a home without a cat.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb