we’re here in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 25th 2022
Published: September 25th 2022
Edit Blog Post

View from planeView from planeView from plane

Flying into Hesthrow
After a relatively uneventful flight, we’ve arrived! As we came in for a landing, we had a spectacular view of central London as you can see from our photo. Really helped make being here a reality.

Customs was a breeze - used the e scanner and our bags were among the first off the plane. Between the tailwinds and the ease of travel, we met up with our driver almost an hour early.

We got to our hotel and took care of the things we needed to. Went to the lounge for a small snack before f going for a walk around the neighborhood. There was a big Muslim festival in the park right across the road from our room. They even did a bit of a parade.

Hannah and Felix got to the hotel about 5:15. We had a drink in the lounge and then when for dinner at Salk Whiskey. It was more humble than the pictured implied but it was delicious food and cocktails.

We came back to the hotel lounge and exchanged goodies. We made sure to
pass along a special gift from Grandma Joanne to Hannah as well as all of our
Just chilling Just chilling Just chilling

We remembered to do a selfie while waiting for Hannah and Felix but not one of the four of us. Sigh. Next time.
Christmas gifts.

Hannah and Felix got Don a special golf shirt and divot tool from St Andrews for his birthday. He’s all set to play now!

We’re both feeling a bit dumb for not getting a picture of the four of us !

We’re exhausted- we only got about 3 hours sleep on the plane so are calling it an early night. Hopefully, we’ll wake up refreshed and ready to take on the day.



Advertisement



26th September 2022

Glad you got in safe.
Hope you're first night is restful so you can hit the ground running tomorrow. All is good with the dog. She spent most of the day looking out for your return.

Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1139s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb