Goodbye Scotland, hello London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 17th 2018
Published: September 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

This morning we were up early to have our leisurely brekky before catching the first our trains for today. We were on the 8am train from Inverness to Edinburgh.

It was sad to be leaving when I’m just aching to explore more. Just a couple of months ago my DNA results changed my family’s story, giving me Scottish roots that I had been totally unaware of! My ancestors came from north of Inverness, but that will be an adventure for next year! I have always loved Scotland and was envious of Tom’s very Scottish roots.

So we were on Scotrail down to Edinburgh, then a couple hours wait in the first class lounge before joining the Virgin train to Preston, and then from Preston to Euston, watching the Scottish and then English countryside sliding by. We had travelled up the east coast on the way to Edinburgh, and returned via the west coast, travelling through the Lakes District (Beatrix Potter & Peter Rabbit), Lancashire, Stafford, Warwickshire. With all of our train trips we’ve seen some beautiful countryside! And Virgin Rail kept topping us up with food and drinks.



We arrived at Euston for this one night stay in London.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb