A Canadian Adventure


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Twickenham
June 22nd 2008
Published: June 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Preparing to leavePreparing to leavePreparing to leave

Sitting on the suitcases (with the help of Tootsie) at Neal's house
The senior Jayes are jaunting again. This time we are setting out for Canada, landing in Toronto on the East Coast on 23rd of July. From the airport we are off to the Portuguese side of town to celebrate St Juan with Marta and Will and Hannah.
Amy will join us and we will go back to Guelph which is about 50 kms from Toronto. After a couple of days catching up with Amy we shall leave her to finish her last few days at school and head north near to Huntsville where Bill and Susie Davies have their cottage on the lake.
Bill and Susie are going to take us to Algonquin National Park where I hope I might be lucky and see a beaver or a bear.
When Amy joins us we are setting off to Collingwood further south to another lake (Ontario has a lot of lakes of every size and shape) lake to collect Amy’s friend Richard who is joining us on the tour. Richard is staying in a cottage near the Blue Mountain and we hope to do a walk there.
Next stop is north to Tobermory on the tip of the Bruce Penninsular and if we have time over to the Manatoulin Islands.
Next we drive south across the Canadian/American border to Detroit where we catch a flight to Seattle on 4th July which is Independence day.
After an early start we are catching a ferry to Friday’s harbour to do some whale watching before landing at Victoria on Vancouver Island on 5th July.
Next we catch a local train to Ladysmith to meet up with my “cousin” Susan and her husband Simon who have retired to the island after a spending their working life in Grand Prairie.
After a short rest we set off to the West coast of Vancouver Island to explore the National Park at Tofina.
Back to Susan’s on July 7th to catch up with laundry and sleep before heading for Vancouver to pick up a car to take us to Banff and then on to Calgary for the annual stampede July 10th along with most of Canada!
After doing all the activities Amy can find we head back to Vancouver and then Seattle to catch the plane back to Detroit and the drive back to Toronto to spend a few days with Marta and the children before flying home on 21st July.


Advertisement



22nd June 2008

Yipee
Yipee the bloggers are back. That must mean something exciting to read every morning and cool photos to look at!! Can't wait

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb