19th March 2008


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
March 19th 2008
Published: March 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

19th March 2008
On our way home now and writing this in Changi Airport, Singapore.
We had to check out of our hotel at 2pm and our flight is not until 10-55pm, so as it was torrential rain outside we decided to go to the airport early and try all the facilities at this premier class airport.
Earlier we had revisited Sim Lim square and I had bought yet more camera stuff and we toured the computer floor looking at prices. Some were much the same as England and other things (SD cards etc) were cheaper or else they were fakes!!
The heavens opened on our way back so we went to pack and then got a taxi to the airport through the tropical rain which made us feel we were back in Mackay!
Changi airport is magnificent and we have tried everything except the swimming pool which requires 13 Singapore dollars if you are not a hotel resident and we were low on dollars.
We have now got into the business class lounge with Peta's complimentary ticket as the lady on the desk pointed out that the voucher we had was for one person only, but they took pity on me going back to the cactus garden and let me in with Bob.
We are trying everything, free drinks, free food, complimentary English newspapers, and even free internet access. This could not have come at a better time as we have the longest airport wait anywhere.
This will be our last diary entry which is very sad. Although it has been a chore at times when we were very tired it has been worth it and hopefully it will help us to remember where we have been and what we have done.
It seems a very long time ago now that we were in England and we now have to prepare ourselves for the change of temperatures from 30 plus degrees to less than 10 degrees in Birmingham and snow forecast for the weekend.
We hope everyone reading our web diary has enjoyed following our adventures as much as we have enjoyed experiencing them.
Thats all bye folks!
UNTIL THE NEXT TIME!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



20th March 2008

WOW!
It was was great seeing you both and keeping up with your trip through the blog! You have managed to squueze just about every experience that you could have in whilst you were away. Safe journey home and we will see you again in the not to distant future.
20th March 2008

Happy Birthday
Looks like you had a great birthday Bob. We look forward to the next trip downunder!
21st March 2008

Thanks
It was great following you on the blog, though I'm sure that I wouldn't have the focus to do the same. Was good that you made the effort to drop in.

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.1156s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb