24th June 2008


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Toronto
June 24th 2008
Published: June 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

24th June 2008
We arrived in Toronto yesterday about 3.30 pm after a smooth flight, but we had to queue to land, there had been a violent thunderstorm just before we landed, this may have been the reason for the landing delay. Then after landing the ground staff could not line up the exit ramp and they had to send for an engineer to fix it. This was a slightly annoying delay after a long transatlantic flight.
Amy met us at Pearson International Airport and took us to Tom and Marta’s house in the Portuguese part of Toronto. Amy told us about the thunderstorm she had driven through while traveling to the airport; apparently the hailstones were so big she was worried that they would break the windscreen. There was no sign of the storm when we landed but it was grey and overcast with the occasional light shower.
Marta had hoped to have a party for St Juan day, which is an annual event in Porto to celebrate their saint’s day, but the releasing of hot air balloons is prohibited in Toronto, which would rather spoil the fun, so we had a quietish evening in with Marta and the children. William and Hannah have grown so much since we saw them last and Will was demonstrating his football and basket balls skills. About 9pm Bob and I were beginning to feel the effects of the jet lag (well it was about 2 in the morning British time!) and we drove the 50 kms back to Guelph to sleep at Sherrie’s house.
This morning Amy has left us a list of jobs to do while she is at school preparing for her students graduation on Thursday.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



24th June 2008

Reading my books
Hope you all enjoyed the books and love the spiky hair Will!

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb